What makes Vital Oxide so special?

By now you might feel like you are familiar with Vital Oxide and some of its many powerful assets from destroying odors, mold, other fungi, viruses and bacteria.


But what is it that makes Vital Oxide such a safe, dependable, and powerful tool?


Let's take a minute and check out the science behind this powerhouse.


The Science


Okay, a moment of truth here. I was not very good at science. I squeaked by with Bs and Cs, but guess what? You don't have to understand science to understand the powerful elements of Chlorine Dioxide.


We know that Vital Oxide is an all-in-one Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) registered hospital-grade disinfectant, cleaner, sanitizer, mold and mildew remover, and odor eliminator!


We also know that Vital Oxide is very effective against Sars-CoV-2 and other virus and bacterial infections such as MRSA, Staph and the Flu!


That "hero" ingredient is called Chlorine Dioxide. This is the power of Vital Oxide that creates a fast-acting, environmentally-friendly, effective broad-spectrum antimicrobial agent.


"Chlorine dioxide is a versatile disinfectant that was introduced to the United States in the 1940s to disinfect drinking water. While it has chlorine in its name, it’s very different from chlorine bleach."


How so?

Well, "unlike bleach, which has a harsh odor and forms trihalomethanes when mixed with water, making it extremely corrosive—chlorine dioxide breaks down into water, oxygen, and common table salt, making it much less corrosive to surfaces and more versatile in a variety of application situations."


According to Webmd.com, "Chlorine Dioxide is a gas. It is commonly used to disinfect drinking water. When used in very small quantities to disinfect water, it is safe and does not lead to health risks. But chlorine dioxide is a disinfectant similar to bleach. When used in large quantities, it can be dangerous."


Well, Chlorine Dioxide is perfectly measured in Vital Oxide, so we don't have to worry about that! (That is what the scientists take care of when they formulate the mixture!) Webmd.com further says something that we already know, "Chlorine Dioxide is a disinfectant that kills bacteria, viruses, and fungi."


Chlorine Dioxide—CLO2 for you science-types—is considered an excellent bactericide, fungicide, and antimicrobial agent.


But how does it work?


"CLO2 is a strong oxidant that works by removing a single electron from other compounds during a chemical reaction (science stuff). By taking electrons from microbes, the microbe’s molecular bonds weaken and the cell breaks apart. This process alters the proteins involved in their structure and decreases enzyme function, thus resulting in the death of the microbe. This attack on many proteins simultaneously prevents the microorganisms from mutating and developing resistance,"


In addition to working effectively as a water disinfectant, Chlorine Dioxide has also been used during Anthrax attacks, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, to disinfect hospitals and other healthcare environments, in food processing, and most recently to help combat SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).

Safe to use around the house

Because of the formulation of Vital Oxide, it serves as a "heavy-duty odor and allergen eliminator, carpet sanitizer (awarded the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) Seal of Approval), Vital Oxide is also effective at sanitizing carpets and removing pet odors), and a mold and mildew remover with up to six months residual effectiveness. Vital Oxide’s non-corrosive and non-irritating formula is gentle on the skin,"


Vital Oxide doesn't have all the additives that often can create allergic responses (skin or respiratory) in people and pets. There are no added fragrances, dyes, preservatives, or other unnatural additives or chemicals.

Vital Oxide has earned the lowest toxicity level that the EPA gives for pesticide (disinfectant) applications – Category 4 – which means that you don’t need to wear a mask, gloves, or any other personal protection equipment while applying it.


You can even spray down your cutting board, countertop, or other food prep surface to clean and sanitize without having to rinse. Vital Oxide is NSF certified D2 (No Rinse Required) as a food contact surface sanitizer and kills 99.999% of bacteria, including common foodborne illnesses like E. coli and Salmonella.


Safely clean and deodorize your funky yoga mat, smelly sneakers, fido’s stinky squeaky toy, bad-smelling baby gear, and more, no rinsing needed. Simply spray and walk away!

Vital Oxide and its components are safe to use on virtually any surface while remaining environmentally friendly since it breaks down into water, oxygen, and simple salt.


Do you have more questions? Find an agent near you who will be happy to assist you.






35 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All